Feather River Community Resources and Service Offerings
The Community Resources Page is designed to provide resources and assistance for our teachers, homeless students, and foster youth in compliance within the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act, which ensures the right of students to go to school even when they are homeless or don’t have a permanent address. The Act aims to reduce barriers that have prevented many homeless youth from enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school.
The Community Service Liaisons work in collaboration with school staff and community service agencies in an effort to maximize access to various educational, social and enrichment programs which promote academic success, student achievement and social-emotional health and wellness.
Some of our objectives are to:
- Remove barriers to academic success for McKinney Vento-eligible students by connecting families to needed school supplies.
- Educate students and parents on their educational rights.
- Promote parent and student participation in school-related activities.
- Develop a resource list to provide families and youth who may not be familiar with community resources.
- Provide services for and link families to services which support academic success.
- Foster social and emotional well-being for students and families challenged by homelessness or low-income barriers.
Resources are listed HERE by county. This is not an exhaustive list, and we are only providing information about these resources. The school does not determine eligibility. Families may or may not qualify.
For more information, please contact our Community Resource Liaisons: